Last week I told about a very quick sugar scrub that you can use to exfoliate the face of your skin. The mask though requires some moisturizer to be applied at the end. Today I will give you another alternative, which contains the moisturizing ingredients which you can find in your kitchen. This mask will make your skin soft, clean and shiny!
Each of the 3 ingredients of this mask have proven to be beneficial for human skin. Milk is known as a skin moisturizer, sugar is a great exfoliator and egg whites can draw oil from the pores while tightening the skin. In fact, skin experts suggest that regular egg white masks with a dash of lemon will help remove whiteheads, while the protein in the egg whites will help to heal and nourish your skin.
You will need
- 1 egg white
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of crystal sugar (any type)
How to do it
- Whisk the egg white until it gets frothy. Add the milk while mixing. Pour the sugar as well and mix a little more until you have a smooth paste.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and apply the mask with gentle circular motions. Don't press, just rub tenderly. You should feel the sugar crystals scrubbing your skin.
- Let the mask work for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. To close your pores, rinse with cool water. pat your face dry with a clean towel.
You can start using this face mask three times a week, reducing the application to once a week.
Important: Be careful when trying new masks on your face. Stop immediately if you have any reactions such as a rash or an increase in acne. When in doubt seek advice from a dermatologist.