Earlier this year I took part in the Team Eco Etsy Annual Gift Swap for the very first time and - you guessed it - I got inspired! Sending a gift to someone whom you either don't know or you have briefly "met" on the Internet but with whom you are connected through the invisible thread of love to eco-friendly and handmade is so exciting! Receiving a gift from another person of the same tribe is equally as thrilling.
So I thought, why don't we recreate this awesomeness for Easter again?
|Image: The Treacys|
Here is how it goes:
You send a handmade gift total stranger and you receive a gift from a total stranger!
What to expect
- Make a handmade gift. It could be anything your imagination tells you but the most important is the gift to have been handmade by you. In this way you will ensure sending some love too!
- Fill out the form with your name and address. You have up to Midnight EST on March 23rd to take part.
- Look out for an email from me. I will play some mix and match and on March 25th I will send you an email with the address of the recipient of your gift.
- Send your gift. You have to send your gift no later than March 28th. The Kanelstrand readers are scattered around the world so we have to make sure the gifts arrive if not exactly on Easter, at least around that time!
- Since we are doing the gift swap on Easter, your gift topic could be Easter but that is not obligatory. It can be about spring or just anything, let your imagination run wild!
- Including a handwritten letter is very much encouraged.
- You can add information about your business, blog, etc. if you want to. I am sure everyone will be thrilled to get to know more about their surprise gift sender.
- You are not expected to buy anything to make the gift, neither are you expected to be a master crafter. This gift swap is about showing love, attention and appreciation.
- I promise I will never ever disclose your name and address to anyone except the person who is about to send you a gift.
Are you excited already? I know I am! Let's do this together! Send me your address no later than March 23rd and let's surprise each other!