I know how daunting packing luggage may seem to some of you and that is why I decided to share my way of doing this.
Efficient packing is the result of only one thing -- good organization.
Here is what I mean by good organization.
- Consider the weather at your destination, so that you can take the right clothes.
- How many days are you staying and will you need to switch outfits during the course of a single day?
- What is your agenda? Is it just a trip for fun? Will you need formal clothes?
- Pick a pair or two of pants (and probably a skirt) and several tops that fit the pants as well as the skirt, so you can always come up with fresh combinations without bringing too much clothes.
- Remember to get a cardigan or jacket if you need one. Rain jacket is always a good idea.
- Maybe a formal dress?
- Decide on the number and types of shoes you need and don't forget fliplops. You will rarely need more than 3 pairs.
- Of course you need underwear, towels, and toiletries.
- Are you taking your computer? The tablet? Or just the phone? Don't forget the chargers for each.
- A book and pen and paper.
- Another good thing to always have is a small first aid kit.
I think that was just under 30 minutes or at least that's how much it took me to pack my bags. Easy, isn't it! A big plus of this method is that you don't even need to make a list because you are packing so fast!
Another good thing to do is pack a few days ahead of your journey, so you have time to rethink.
What approach do you use to pack your bags? Do you love or dread it?