If you have decided to simplify your life but you don't know how to start, this post is for you! If you have already set on the simplifying path - jump right on in, we love company!
What is simple living?Simple living is an attitude to life that will help you live more sustainably, more deliberately and more happily. Among other things, simple living includes:
- Identifying what is most important for you and eliminating everything else.
- Doing what inspires you and being with the people you love.
- De-cluttering (be it your mind, your everyday life or your virtual life).
- Single-tasking and learning to diminish stress.
- Striving to live frugally by wanting less and buying only what is necessary.
- Slowing down and being actively present in the moment.
- Living a healthy life.
- Striving to be green and sustainable as much as your surroundings allow.
- Enjoying the simple pleasures of life.
- Simplifying your goals, tasks and expectations.
How to know when you need to simplify your life
- You are way to deep in debt.
- The clutter around you is overwhelming you and is keeping you away from taking the right decisions.
- You have grown apart from your loved ones and even yourself.
- You are stressed out.
- You rarely do something for the fun of it.
- The time you spend on the Internet is way too much and way too disorganized.
- You are multitasking any time, anywhere.
I know all this may seem overwhelming but I assure you, there is nothing complicated in living a simple life. You don't need to withdraw from the world and seek a retreat to be able to achieve simplification. On the contrary, simple living is about engaging more fully in the world, but with a changed list of priorities. Simple living makes place for the really important things in your life and helps you appreciate more fully what you have and who you are.
The Simple Living PledgeTo help you re-evaluate your priorities in life, I invite you to take The Simple Living Pledge and participate in the discussions on Kanelstrand. Together we can grow much faster! I am looking forward to your insights, advice or your general thoughts on simplifying.
Let's do this together!Together we can make a difference in a fast-paced, thick-skinned world. We can walk the path of conscious living by being the human beings we are, by embracing our weaknesses and turning them into strengths. We can live a simple sustainable life without going to extremes.