This post is written by contributing author Paige Ronchetti.
Getting into the Christmas spirit doesn't have to be a literal interpretation, especially when it comes to accessories. I'm not the kind of gal to bust out a Santa sweater or reindeer earrings; instead I like a more subtle approach using the colors of the season. I did some perusing on Etsy and found a collection of lovely handmade items to make you feel festive without going overboard:
1. These red leaf earrings could take you straight from fall, all the way to Valentine's Day. The green background makes them perfect for the holidays, too. $12
2. Light green aventurine and sterling silver make this ring is easy to stack alongside others for a pop of color. $25
3. Sometimes a small bag is handy while shopping, and this checked clutch is the perfect size. $33
4. Even if you don't do much to your hair, adding a simple red bow is an easy way to dress up an outfit. $3.99
5. And who doesn't love a vibrant green scarf? It will keep you warm while adding some merriment. $20
How do you like to dress during the holidays? Are you in the simple group, too, sticking more with colors instead of themed outfits? No matter what you prefer, be sure you support small handmade businesses this season! Have you purchased any handmade accessories lately? Or made some yourself?
Paige Ronchetti lives in the Chicago suburbs with her husband. They have no kids and no pets, which gives them a lot of time for eating spicy food and looking for bargains. Paige's blog is Little Nostalgia is a collection of projects and pretty things. There you can find DIY tutorials, home decor inspiration, and affordable fashion ideas. When she is not blogging, Paige is working on her vintage-inspired jewelry lines, Little White Chapel and Oh Nostalgia. Connect to Paige via twitter or pinterest.