- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 leek
- 4 large carrots
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil/butter of your choice (oils I recommend to use)
- 1. Season one side of the salmon steaks with salt and the pepper mixture.
2. Trim away the root end, tough outer leaves and 2 inches (5 cm) of the dark green tops of the leeks. Cut the leeks lengthwise and wash well to remove any grit and drain in a colander. Now cut into half-circles.
3. Wash and peel the carrots. Cut in circles.
4. Melt the butter or heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook 2 of the salmon steaks, seasoned side down until golden brown and no longer translucent in the center, about 4 minutes.
5. Turn the salmon steaks and add half of the leeks and carrots. Pour 100 ml of the vegetable stock and cook under a lid for about 5 minutes or until the stock has been reduced.
By crisping one side of the salmon for a few minutes, and finishing it in the vegetable stock with the vegetables, it allows for the salmon to be done to perfection... every time!
How often do you eat fish and what is your favorite way to prepare it?