Before submitting your post, please bear in mind that
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication.
- Your submission will be reviewed and if it fits the main topics of Kanelstrand and will benefit the blog's readers, it is likely to be published.
- I may edit your post or your title.
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in the Kanelstrand blog as a reader or follower.
- Submissions which appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted.
- Your posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
If you strive to live sustainably, in peace with nature, or have green crafty DIYs to share in plain language, we would love to hear from you! Other important themes on the Kanelstrand blog include but are not limited to:
- Eco-friendly and organic living
- Reducing, reusing and recycling
- Scandinavian living
- Creative and technical how-tos, DIYs
- Blogging advice
- Optimizing your time on the internet
- Marketing your creative business
- ... and many more, just browse around if you are new to the blog
You can submit an original post for consideration, which has not been previously published anywhere online with a short bio and a photo of you. Kanelstrand blog is open to all creative souls (even the ones who don't have blogs but have something to say) who are willing to share their experience and point of view in their own style!
Why contribute to Kanelstrand?
You will receive good exposure.
I will promote your post not only on Twitter and Facebook but to the Etsy community as well, giving you more than 12 000 potential fans out there!
You will get quality backlinks and increased traffic.
Each guest post includes a short bio with links back to your blog. My guest bloggers have so far noted that writing for Kanelstrand increases the traffic and followers of their blog.
The Kanelstrand community is social.
The people who frequent Kanelstrand blog love to talk! We comment, share links and interests, and that is what a community is all about, spreading the word!
If you are in doubt, I would love to work with you on your post.
I will be there to give you my opinion on how to write a quality guest post. I would also take care of the photos (which I find vital for a successful post) if you are unable to find ones shared under Creative Commons License.
Provide original content and personal experience. Your post should not have been published anywhere on the Internet before. Have in mind that duplicate content is considered spam by Google.
Share your own reflections! We would love to know how you managed to solve a problem or learned something new!
Connect with the readers, involve them in a conversation, ask them questions you will be surprised to know how responsive they are!
Your post can be as long as you deem appropriate but note that the most productive length is between 800 and 1 500 words. For more ideas, you can consider this post on how to write quality blog posts. Here are some basic grammar rules worth taking into account. If you feel unsure, browse through the previously published guest posts and see the reactions in the comments.
How to submit your post
It will be best if you can share your post in Google Docs. If you don't have a Google account you can email me your post as plain text, .odt or .doc file.
Email your post to email@example.com with "Guest Post Submission" as a subject line. If you want to add some photos, attach them to the email (600 px work best). Also, don't forget to send me a small photo of you and a short (5 - 10 sentences) bio to add to your guest post.
If you have guest-posted for the Kanelstrand blog, grab a button and post it on your blog!